- What happens when a narcissist sees you with someone else?
- What happens when you discard narcissist first?
- Why do narcissists keep in touch with exes?
- Do narcissists know they are hurting you?
- Do narcissists enjoy hurting others?
- What should you never say to a narcissist?
- Do narcissists come back after discard?
- What happens when you discard the narcissist?
What happens when a narcissist sees you with someone else?
So when they see someone else doing well, they feel envy and resentment.
In other words, they feel that you don’t deserve it since you are not them.
Because narcissistic people severely lack empathy, they either don’t understand or simply ignore how much others actually have to work to get where they are..
What happens when you discard narcissist first?
This cycle confirms the narcissist’s distorted sense of being superior to their victims. If the victim ‘discards’ the narcissist first, he or she upsets the power dynamic that bolsters the abuser’s desire for power and validation. … Make no mistake: you deserve to live a life free of abuse.
Why do narcissists keep in touch with exes?
“Narcissists have a tremendous amount of pride and can’t accept others being with their ex.” … They also have inside information about their exes vulnerabilities and weaknesses that they can exploit and manipulate which gives them a sense of power and control,” he said.
Do narcissists know they are hurting you?
Some may learn to be self-aware in time, and learn to notice when they are hurting you. But this still doesn’t guarantee they will care. “Narcissists are primed to be abusive because they’re so hypersensitive, and they don’t have empathy, and they don’t have object constancy,” Greenberg said.
Do narcissists enjoy hurting others?
Most narcissists enjoy an irrational and brief burst of relief after having suffered emotionally (“narcissistic injury”) or after having sustained a loss. It is a sense of freedom, which comes with being unshackled. But the narcissist is also a sadist – albeit an unusual one. …
What should you never say to a narcissist?
2. Don’t say, “You’re not listening.” It’s not that a narcissist won’t listen to the woeful tale of how you injured your knee while jogging—it’s that she can’t. Stopping to listen would mean acknowledging the deep-seated insecurity at the root of all her problems: that she isn’t worth listening to.
Do narcissists come back after discard?
As you can see from the above, many narcissists are quite willing to come back for as long as it suits their needs, while remaining oblivious to yours. If you cannot realistically envision a good future together that does not involve the narcissist suddenly becoming different, you might want to stay “discarded.”
What happens when you discard the narcissist?
You become their obsession because they have not completed their cycle of devalue and discard so will be stuck in idealization. It will torture them, you will be the one that got away. They will try to cycle back and the harder you resist the more they think you are THE ONE who will make all their problems better…